Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Tomorrow is Platelet Transfusion Day

Hello Friends and Family,

Today was another happy day! Didn't have to receive platelets, but will tomorrow. It's already been pre-arranged, so once I have my radiation treatment, I will go upstairs to the transfusion room and get those life-saving platelets! My doctors are really taking good care of me and I'm thankful to have them. YAY doctors!

I need to ask for your prayers for my parents. Tomorrow Dad will have another procedure to check for his cancer. And then, my Mom will have cateract surgery on Thursday. They are so precious to me and I want to be with them so badly, but I can't. So, if we can all lift them up to the Lord for a healing and then have them sent back to us whole, that would be the greatest gift of all to me. They have been with me through this journey and have been wonderful. It's nice that my family is here to help me.

Bill is out of town and will be back tomorrow night. Kara, my niece, is staying the night with me since I can't be left alone. Then my sis-in-law, Shelley, will be taking care of me tomorrow. She's going to take me to my appointments and trust me, she will make me behave! I'm just getting to have all kinds of slumber parties too! So, if any of you would like to volunteer to spend the night, then come on over! Just kidding. I really prefer my slumber parties with my family members at this time! Once I'm well, we can have slumber parties all night long!

It's exhausting to sit around and not do a lot of things. I can't work very long at all, and I can't stay focused on reading a book either. When my platelets were getting really low, I would come home from treatments and go right to bed for rest. Since I am healing, which is hard to believe with all the hospital stays, etc., I've been getting to come home! It's like WOW! What am I supposed to be doing right now?!!!

I thank all of you for your prayers. They have been working so greatly. My body is just not used to having the chemo pills which has caused it to turn my body upside down. But, I coming back and can't wait to be more myself. I will remain strong, so continue to pray for me.

Thank you God for giving me all of you!
Jeanine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jean - It's good to hear from you; I'm glad you were having a good day and look forward to more updates.
I'm off to my sister's in Colorado tomorrow but will be checking your blog to keep track of you.
I remembered your parents in my prayers.
Love,
Marcy