Saturday, July 28, 2007

1 More Radiation Treatment

Hello All,

Monday will be my last day for radiation! Very thankful and very hopeful that the rest of my platelets, WBC, etc. will go equally as well. The nurse for my chemo called today and asked that after I have my treatment on Monday that I go for more blood work. That's the part that is scarey to me. I am supposed to be on chemo pills for 5 days and then off for 23, but I've been off the chemo pills for over a month now and my platelets and WBC continue to go down. I gotta tell ya kids...that stuff has kicked the pants off of me. So, please keep those prayers coming. I need them, but there are so many others out there who need them just as bad.

Bill's oldest son, Chris, is in town and we have had the pleasure of having him stay with us. He arrived about 7:00 tonight, 7/28, so Bill went to pick him up and my sis came over to stay with me. We straightened up the house because I wanted the house to look a little more presentable. It's such a delight to have Chris here!

Quick updates on my parents. Dad went to doc and is now cancer free - That's what we've been wanting to hear!!! Praise God! Mom had crystal lenses put in both eyes and they were bothering her a little bit. One eye she can see out of great...the other is really fuzzy. We still have time for the drops to work on her and they told her she should be seeing fine by Monday. I know she'll do fine. Thanks for your prayers!

All of you - thanks for taking this journey with me. It's been a long and hard road, but we will see the end in sight soon. Let's just give God the glory. I am seeing so many folks who are in such worse shape than I am. What I have is nothing compared to their struggles.

Many blessings to you all,
Jeanine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeanine, I'm thinking about you all the time and checking your blog daily. I know that this has been a tough road for you but with such a wonderful support system with Bill, your parents and all the rest of your family and friends, you've gotta know how much you mean to everyone.

Valery