Sunday, May 20, 2007

Howdy from Jeanine

It's Sunday and I've been to church with hubby! We have so much to be thankful for and I know that God is going to use me to be a witness for him.

We've had a busy weekend so far and will try to get ourselves back to the real world before Monday rolls around.

Friday Bill took me to see Shrek 3 and we had such a fun time! It was such a great movie and I took all of my Shrek animals with me to enjoy the movie!!! I wore my Shrek ears and got lots of comments on how adoreable I was! Gee, I'm blushing!!!!Yes, I'm one of those Shrekish kind of gals and just enjoy everything that has to do with Shrek! Been to McDonald's and purchased one of everything that they have to offer! I'm just having soooooooooooo much fun!

Then, yesterday my bro Don and his wife Shelley went with Bill and I to Hico, TX for the 4th annual steak cook-off. We usually go to the Magnolia, Arkansas steak cook-off, but because it was so far away, and we didn't know how my body would be responding, and because my step-son Raymond told me that I couldn't go, we went to Hico instead!!! Raymond had told me that his mother (who had a brain annurism about 3 years ago) had difficulties with her brain dehydrating from heat and he felt that I needed to stay close to home due to the many unknown things that could happen to me. So, I decided that I didn't need to suffer any of the problems that she went through. I was just so fortunate to see that Hico was having their steak cook-off! The weather was perfect and we had such a wonderful time. I am so blessed to have such a loving family and that they enjoy doing what I enjoy doing! Steak cook-offs are my thing and we go to as many as we can! So, next time you hear of one, let me know and we'll see what we can do about getting there!!!!

Today is another beautiful day. We went to church and I got to love on all the folks there that knew I had had a brain tumor operation. They all had been reading my blog page and were really delighted to see me up and about. I keep telling all of you that you will know God before he is done with me! He just has so much to do with me before I say farewell to you. After church we were invited to go have breakfast with some of our dear neighbors and we thoroughly enjoyed their company! We are so looking forward to all the opportunities we have with our friends, families and neighbors.

I want to thank each of you for your love, kindness, prayers and support throughout these last few weeks. I would have never in a million years thought that this would be happening to me. I didn't suffer from a headache or anything to give me an indication that I had brain cancer. Now, that's God working!

I thank you so kindly from the bottom of my heart for the outpouring of love you have bestowed to Bill and I. Your prayers, flowers, cards, food and mostly love have sustained us. Please continue to pray for Bill and I as we walk through this journey. We don't know what will happen, but we know with the love and prayers from each of you that we will never ever walk alone. Not only will you be with us, but God is the one who will never fail us.

Bill, thank you for taking such good care of me. I love you more than you will ever know.

If there are those of you who would like to send an email, then here is my email address: jeaninenichols@sbcglobal.net

If there are those of you who would like to send snail mail, then the home address is: Jeanine Nichols
3108 Andrew Court
Bedford, TX 76021
817-793-6764

Keep your love and prayers coming my way! I love you all!

In God's love,
Jeanine

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Jean. We think of you every day. Your faith is a testimony and an example of what a BIG God we serve. Jillian and Lauren are so proud to have you as their GREAT-Aunt!