Friday, August 3, 2007

..if it isn't one darn thing after another!

Hi Folks. Well, a couple of days ago, I noticed what appeared to be fire-ant bites on my right arm. Nothing serious, as I have had many before. Wash well, a little cortisone cream, and all is well. Not this time! This morning, the rash began to expand. Rapidly! Both sides of my arm, the back of my hand, and the inside of my elbow now, on the left arm. Some of the rash, became "sores", and began to "weep". NOT WHAT I NEED AROUND JEANINE!. I made registered on-line with "Care Now" in Grapevine, an was called in about 3:30. "Poison Ivy" everywhere, and spreading fast! They gave me a shot (steroids), and prescribed Benadryl and some Rx creme. Couple of hours later, and the itching is subsiding, and the "weeping" is stopped. Am keeping the creme applied. Dr. said that it's not all that contagious, but under the circumstances with Jeanine, I must keep my hands clean, and "sanitize" before touching her.
We washed all the bedding, just as a precaution. She just don't need nuth'in like that right now.
We think that her platelets are holding up. We watch closely for signs like extra fatigue, little red spots on her legs and stomach etc. She does have some swelling at her nose bridge on her right eye, and we are keeping an eye on that. No pain however. She has had some pretty good energy the last couple of days, but when it comes time to rest "it is time to rest!". The Lord is on our side, and this last episode with me just keeps us sharp.

Blessings to all.

Bill

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Baby,
I just read the blog update and you are so sweet about the way you say things. Thank you for being such a sweetheart to me. I don't ever want to be without you. We're gonna make it through these tough times because we are strong and God is going to bless us. He blessed me the day he gave you to me! I love you, Wifey

Anonymous said...

I'm SO thankful things are going so well for you, Jean; Bill sorry about the poison ivy...man, that's the pits! Glad it's nothing more serious.
Jean - I keep you close to my heart and wish I could have been there for your party. One thing you always knew how to do was to throw a great party! Looks like the rest of the family has the same talent.
Please keep us updated. I always appreciate knowing how things are going.
Love,
Marcy (Jean, you look great!)